Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Priority Leader(s) will be responsible for organization and coordination of their assigned priorities. You will provide strategic and tactical guidance to volunteers on your team in ways that promote the organization’s culture and align to the overarching purpose of the priority and AZSA as a whole. You will also oversee the progress of operations related to the priority and be responsible for reporting status on a weekly basis, and periodically meeting with the ED and potentially the board at regular organizational meetings.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing resources of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
The goal is to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to our organization and align with the requirements of any associated grants used to fund activities.
• Develop a concrete strategy to be presented to the ED who upon approval will present to the Board for final approval and potential funding.
• Formulate, organize, monitor and coordinate inter-connected priorities and activities, i.e. engage a city liaison when responsible for renewable energies in order to support a city’s objectives in the area.
• Decide on suitable strategies and objectives as they relate to the priority and the larger organization. Vet the strategies with organizational leadership to ensure alignment and appropriate focus.
• Develop and control deadlines, budgets, grant requirements and activities
• Apply change, risk and resource management methodologies to the day to day management of the priority
• Assume responsibility for the priority’s volunteers and vendors
• Assess priority performance and aim to maximize ROI
• Resolve priority’s’ higher scope issues
• Prepare reports for ED, Program Directors, Board members and the broader organization as requested.
Collaborate directly with the Communications Director for any needs related to promotion, branding, etc.
• Proven experience as a Program or Project Manager or other managerial position
• Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
• Excellent knowledge of office productivity tools; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage
• Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving ability
• Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing and researching topics of interest
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
• Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
• High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
• Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
• Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
CURRENT PRIORITY LEAD POSITION OPENINGS
Water Resource Management