Dear Mr. Pereyra,
I am writing today to once again express my regrets for being unable to attend tomorrow evening’s forum. However, I want to be very clear, the reason I am unable to attend the forum is due to a previously scheduled event with Arizona State University. We weren’t notified about this event until January 11th, and I had already made a prior commitment to ASU students for a forum with Mayor Mark Mitchell. I am a candidate who honors her commitments, and therefore couldn’t make this work.
When it comes to sustainability, my record speaks for itself. As a city council member, some of the things I have worked on include:
- Continually advocating for the expanded use of renewable energy as part of the city’s energy portfolio.
- Encouraging the use of Alternative Modes of Transportation.
- Initiated the Recycle-A-Bicycle Program.
- Working to expand recycling programs to elementary schools.
- The Youth Bus Permit Program.
- Fuel-efficient Orbit Buses.
- Paving and stabilization of streets, lots and alleys.
- Keeping a fleet of energy efficient vehicles.
- Working with regional partners to promote healthy air in the valley.
- Serving as the city’s representative on Valley Metro.
As the attached document shows, Tempe has taken a very proactive approach to addressing sustainability issues. I have been supportive of these efforts and am incredibly proud of our city’s work on being one of the most sustainable cities in Arizona.
Again, I regret that I can’t be at tomorrow evening’s forum due to a previous conflict. But I stand by the city’s record on sustainability and will continue to build on that work if re-elected to the council. If people would like more information, they can visit www.RobinForTempe.com or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.